the Lord.How did this happen, you may ask? I believe it was the plan of the Lord, His destiny for her from before she was even born.
My mother has known the Lord for many years and faithfully served and loved him.The majority of her working life was spent in Corporate America. The long hours, the labor, the interpersonal relationships and all they contain had taken quite a toll on her heart. She came to Georgia to visit me for a weekend to attend my graduation ceremony for the ending of my 3 month internship. I had been praying that the Lord would touch her heart while she was here. God did more than I could ever ask for. After a few short days in the house of prayer and this community, she knew she had to return. The Lord awakened her heart to pursue him in a greater way and she was longing to know him more intimately. She went home and in a matter of a month the Lord broke through every barrier and made a way for her to come here. She left her job, her home, and all she knew to travel to a unknown state, join a unfamiliar prayer movement, and learn things about God that she was unaware of.
She's been here for over a month now and the Lord is totally transforming her life. He is truly giving her beauty for ashes, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. He is romancing her heart and awakening love in the deepest parts of her. She is literally jumping for joy. He is restoring the years the locust have eaten, and making her new. She is seeing her identity as a bride and basking in the love of the Father. Everyone here loves her, many of the young adults affectionately call her "Momma". I've been in the prayer movement for a little over 2 years now and I never imagined my mom would be joining me in it. It's truly a gift from the Lord for the both of us.
After her season here she plans to move to Europe to continue serving the Lord through missions work. The Lord told her that has set her on a journey and there is no turning back. It was unexpected, not planned, not even imagined. It is a testimony of the Lord's goodness and the truthfulness of his word. Surely, he knows the plans for us, to give us a future and a hope. My mother's hope has been restored and her future is bright and glorious.

2 comments:
I was so blessed to be able to spend a little time with Chrissy and Andrea on my last trip to Atlanta. Truly Ihop is a very special place. It is a comfort to know that people are willing to be used as watchmen on the wall. Chrissy and I found that we have something in common - besides our love for Jesus. Both of us have been to Haarlem, West Netherlands and had opportunity to visit the ten Boom home/watch repair shop. The difference is my visit was 20 years ago in Nov. 1998. I couldn't figure out how to load a picture, so I'm sending it to Chrissy by email and perhaps she'll post it. To God be all the glory for He has done great things. I love, love the Hiding Place by Corrie tenBoom and I watch the DVD over and over again.
In His Name
Rev. Pat Carroll
Post a Comment